Friday, October 22, 2004

Not alone

I don't think anybody really need to be lonely, There's always somebody to be interested in. It's only people who are self-centred who get lonely... - Dame Roma Mitchell, the first woman Queen's Councel and Supreme Court Judge in Australia

So that's a quote from another book I'm currently reading, to keep myself occupied from watching too much TV, like For Love or for Money, Survival, CSI, etc.

Here's a little breakdown - Loneliness unfortunately breeds self-absorption and self-centredness. To break away from this, stop thinking about yourself and show some interest in other people - the mistake that lonely people often make is in believing that somehow they have to get people interested in them.

So I keep scrolling thru my mobile phone's long contact list these days. LOL