Wednesday, September 13, 2006

NYC

Just watched the movie Devil Wears Prada and found it rather amusing and refreshing, the show brought back some fond memories of NYC. I last visited the city some 4 years ago, while working on a project in Boston. It was a 2 hour drive to NYC from Boston.

There was also this incident where I (it was night fall and the bright light on the bridge were a little disorienting) was so clueless on directions, that I crossed (if I recall correctly) the Washinton Bridge into Bronx, and found the same exact address that's supposed to be in NYC... subsequently had to stop by a petrol kiosk to ask for directions from a guy who was sitting in his car and otherwise engaged in reading something.

In the split seconds of me knocking on his window and seeing him turn his head around, he looked like he was probably about to pull something out of his coat as he was turning around to look in my direction. Then giving me a look of shock before winding down the window and half shouted at me "What?!"

Finally found my way back to NYC sometime after 1 AM.