Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Toys Dept

Had to go birthday present shopping for a friend's kid over the weekend, the same weekend where I went to brave the immensely huge crowds at the PC Show in Suntec - there was hardly any shuffling space to move and yet amazingly there were people who bring their kids in strollers, I shall not attempt to comprehend.

So I took off and went on my birthday present hunt, for a 5 year old boy, at the only toy dept that I'm familiar with - at Takashimaya.

When I had asked the boy's mother what her kid is into this year, I heard PowerRangers. But not till I got to the toy dept did I realised that there were so many different types of PowerRangers these days. I spent a good hour and a half there (probably more) trying to figure out which is which, in the end I gave up and bought something totally different.

Did yo know that these days they make remote control cars that are the exact replicas of the on-the-road car model, like this BMW Z4 r/c model, that was like one and a half feet long.

p.s. HD prices sure are falling.