Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Walk in the rain

I jumped off my chair and headed out the door, to the movie, to the movie I went. Got me the tix into the 4.50 pm show at Cathay for a Japanese flick - Install (インストール)
The story revolves around a dreamy 17-year-old schoolgirl, Asako, who is disillusioned with the mendacity of study and her impending exams. She then meets her neighbour a 10-year-old boy, Kazuyoshi, who runs an erotic internet chat business tucked away from prying eyes in a closet in his bedroom on behalf of a married siren named Miyabi.
On my way into town, the sky opened up and the rain just came falling down, not the usual piter-pater of rain droplets, today we had a concentrated outpouring of rapid droplets splashing and smashing down all around.

It took me awhile, but I prevailed. Yes, even the rain did not dampen my spirits from craving for some satisfying irreverence that only a silly Japanese flick could provide.

Ever made a conscious effort to walk in the rain? It's quite a feeling, just ask Gene Kelly.

2 Bones !! ~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow how come u get to watch all those nice japanese movies that i am not aware of, until u mentioned it. Didnt know you are a fan of japanese movies either. ^_^

7/4/05 2:43 pm  
Blogger GlassDog said...

Haha, Japanese are sometimes just the perfect escapist lot, and I simply liked that about them.

7/4/05 8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< back to the dog house