Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Moments

Been rather concerned of late with my health & diet, since finding out that the occasional pain in my toe could be one big indication that I have Gout. So so so... so as not to elevate the further buildup of uric acid in my system, I have to avoid enjoying some very nice rich foods - red meat, shellfish, fish roe, scallops, peas, lentils, beans, cream sauces and red wine. Well at least I prefer white wine to red but I'll sure miss red meat, shellfish and scallops. Let's hope the bird-flu don't spread anywhere near, else there'd be no white meat too.
Cause sushi don't taste good when I eat alone. (It's cold)

I've always known that worrying would shorten a person's life, and I'd just found validation.

wor'ri·er n.
Word History: Worrying may shorten one's life, but not as quickly as it once did. The ancestor of our word, Old English wyrgan, meant “to strangle.” Its Middle English descendant, worien, kept this sense and developed the new sense “to grasp by the throat with the teeth and lacerate” or “to kill or injure by biting and shaking.” This is the way wolves or dogs might attack sheep, for example. In the 16th century worry began to be used in the sense “to harass, as by rough treatment or attack,” or “to assault verbally,” and in the 17th century the word took on the sense “to bother, distress, or persecute.” It was a small step from this sense to the main modern senses “to cause to feel anxious or distressed” and “to feel troubled or uneasy,” first recorded in the 19th century.

I'm thanking my stars that I don't worry about my worries as well.