Sunday, May 29, 2005

Speed Dating

Getting right back to having an extra agenda with speed dating, *heehee* - not that kind.

So there I was, merely an observer and extra assistance to the organisers for the speed dating event - my role was to get the men to move from table to table once their time with the gals are up. (Two gals per table and you get to choose who you wanna partner with, so that the other don't steal your thunder)

From what I gathered during their 5 minute break, most conversations went like -
"I'm in the wine business..."
"I own a business in Global Enterprise Networking..."
"I fly around a lot for work and gives speeches..."
"I'm 32..."
"Yadi yada"


Does what we work as, really define us as a person?

Won't that be stereotyping and social typecasting?

So it was then that when the whole event ended, one of the better looking participant with friend in tow, it was obvious the friend was just being dragged along, came over to the bar where I was seated and spoke to me...

What follows is the conversation as much as I could remember

"Oh, I was wondering all nite if you were with the organisers..."
In my mind I went *Duh!* I was like moving around all night shooing guys around, or otherwise preoccupied with snacks at the bar *Hahaha*

So I was a little surprised about that and was so not ready with an answer and the words that rolled out
"Yes I am, did you have a good time?"
I was already feeling awkward and laughing inside.

"My name's ..."
"I'm in the wine business."

The name exchange was the easy part, I gagged at the wine business part. *Hahahaha*
I dun want to be bitchy, so I won't do a breakdown about what when on in my mind when I hear that. And I don't remember if I gave a reply, but I think there was at least an acknowledgement from me that I heard it. I was saved by an interruption, when quite a few people needed to pass right thru. *haha*

So there, if you'd only have 5 minutes to impress someone, what would it be sir?
Would you like your wine, matured and full-bodied? Or would you prefer a smooth and fruity Riesling? *Grin*

I love wine, been drinking lots lately...

1 Bones !! ~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errhm count me in if there is any free wine from that encounter!
So how come you never join in the speed dating? It should be "fun". :)

30/5/05 10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< back to the dog house