Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mocha run

Took the JRT out for an errand run to Holland V yesterday afternoon, the weather was scorching and the sun was blazing. After a while the dog got smart and started hiding in the shades, the ground surface must have been terrible to put those small paws on. She must have been glad when I carried her, on the way home.

Back at the apt, I've decided to clear out some old stuff and clean up the whole apt in the process. I did not forsee that it'll take quite a while, my whole place is still in a mess with stuff stacked up all over the place and dust everywhere. Been at it since the weekends and I wun be seeing an end to this mess just yet.

It's kinda nice in the evenings when I plonk myself down on the sofa hidden under all that throw cushions and survey the stuff all over the living room.

Some of the walls would be needing a new coat of paint after I shifted some furniture around. I saw a couple of live silverfish, in latin it's Lepisma Saccharina

Lepisma \Le*pis"ma\ (l[-e]*p[i^]z"m[.a]), n. [NL., fr. Gr. le`pisma peel, fr. lepi`s -i`dos, a scale.] (Zo["o]l.) A genus of wingless thysanurous insects having an elongated flattened body, covered with shining scales and terminated by seven unequal bristles. A common species (Lepisma saccharina) is found in houses, and often injures books and furniture. Called also shiner, silver witch, silver moth, and furniture bug.

Now I know why they're called that, real shinny buggers.

3 Bones !! ~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you may need a bug terminator! But the most i pity are your books! LOL!

13/10/05 9:50 am  
Blogger Ivy said...

Ewww....

I need some major purging and cleaning action at my place too... I dread to start.

14/10/05 5:37 am  
Blogger GlassDog said...

Momotea ~
Well the good thing was those buggers were nowhere near my precious book. Plus I managed to quite easily suck them up into the vacuum.

Ivy ~
Some things do takes a lot of courage to get into. LOL
I'm still not finished with the clearing - taking a break and waiting for the paint on the wall to dry.

30/10/05 2:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< back to the dog house